Search This Blog

Original Hardware--Hip, Handcrafted Silver Jewelry Designs's Fan Box

Friday, May 1, 2009

Inspired by Springtime in the Cotswolds!

A few years back, my mom and I took a trip to the Cotswolds in May.

The hills in this notably famous area of the United Kingdom were alive with fresh green grass, and the wooly sheep dotted the landscape like little white cottonballs.

It was a surreal view from the window where we were staying, and when I close my eyes I can see the rays of sunshine that cast light across the entire space.

I can still see the lush green fields that reflected off of the fresh blue sky. I remember the way the crisp air felt across my face as the seasons transformed from winter to spring in this beautiful place.

Many of my designs are inspired by the great memories and experiences of my life.

The little faceted citrine stones in the earrings remind me of that trip, and the vibrant green vasonite stone that is the focal point of the necklace reminds me of the neverending grassy fields where sheep play.

Like my trip, these pieces tell the story of a girl with wanderlust. A girl who loves to be in strange places and explore. A girl who had the fortune of spending just a few days of one spring season in the Cotswolds and will never forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment