Search This Blog

Original Hardware--Hip, Handcrafted Silver Jewelry Designs's Fan Box

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm an etching fool....




Yaaawwwnnn. I didn't get much sleep last night because I was babysitting two batches of etched pendants that I am truly excited about!

It was worth staying up virtually all night, with safety goggles on and rubber gloves to babysit the etching process.

The pendants will soon be converted into earrings, bracelets, rings and necklaces-- I hope ya'll can keep your pants on until then! When I'm in creative mode, it is hard for me to stop and concentrate on anything else, but I know that I must. Some family is coming into town this weekend, so I need to clear my orders out and get things organized for a getaway to the mountains and other lounging. It will be a welcome shift for just a little while....

The collection that just got out of the etching bath will be loosely titled "Indian Summer" because all of the patterns in the pieces are inspired by Indian culture. Lots of really neat patterns that you won't be able to find anywhere else.

Anyway, until then, I thought I'd post some pics of some of the other etched pieces I just posted to my Web site, http://www.originalhardware.com/.

All of the designs featured in this post offer direct links to their product detail pages, so Happy Shopping!





2 comments:

  1. Absolutely mind bogglingly beautiful work! (how do you like my new word ;) I hope you keep going with this, it's so fresh and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janell! You are too sweet. I have a ton of new etched pieces waiting to be finished, but have guests in town until Wednesdsay...I"m chomping at the bit! Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete