Search This Blog

Original Hardware--Hip, Handcrafted Silver Jewelry Designs's Fan Box

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

On the Eve of my 41st Year.

"It is miraculous to see people
change when they see they have
choices. They open up like roses
if they see they can make a difference--that they do have value."
Barbara Glanz
I meant to post this last night, BEFORE my birthday today, but after 2 glasses of wine kind of forgot about it. So here's my post:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow, much like every morning we wake up to the sun, is a new day. But it is a special day because it is my birthday.
I look back on my life and can't believe that I'm already in my 40s. It sounds like a cliche, but where did the time go? I look over the past year and I have taken stock of the things that are truly important to me.
When you are stripped down, emotionally bare and running through your life nake and vulnerable, it is so much easier to see what is important.
So on the eve of my birthday, I am taking stock of what I have learned in the past year:
  • Love is everywhere, even in places you aren't looking. Be aware of it and learn to find it in the midst of pain.
  • My life is beautiful, and if I don't feel that it is at times, then it is up to me to find out why and fix it.
  • I am the source of my own happiness.
  • There is nothing like the love of a child.
  • There is nothing like the love of friends. Good friends who love you no matter what!
  • There is nothing like sweating it out at the gym. And waking up to a stronger body the next morning.
  • If you believe you can do it, YOU WILL. I took big leaps this year, leaps that I would have never taken before. Instead of falling flat on my face (as I used to fear) I soared.
  • No matter what, I will be Ok.
  • You never know what's going on in other people's lives. Tread lightly.
  • Believe in yourself and others will believe in you, too.
  • Love yourself unconditionally.
  • Learn to look at your weaknesses and be ok with them. Don't beat yourself up! Instead, embrace them and learn to find new ways to channel them.
  • Be you. Everyone else is taken.
I will look to the next year, out on the horizon so nigh, with a smile and courage.
I will look to this coming year as a doorway of hope, light and love. I will open the door with a firm grip and my head held high. I will take this next leap of faith and savor it.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I never would have guessed you were 41...you look great!

    I hope you have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete