Search This Blog

Original Hardware--Hip, Handcrafted Silver Jewelry Designs's Fan Box

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Just the Tip of the Iceberg....

"The Best Way out is Always Through."
---Robert Frost
So I've been on a creative bent for the past month to work on an early fall line, and I had to ultimately stop myself so I could get some of it shot and added to my Web site before I left for vacation with my son at the end of this week.

My creative energy typically comes this way: a flood of activity that gives me the fuel to create new work that just flows out of me.

When the creative ebb is over, I take a break. I know better now to push it. If I'm not feeling creative, the work just doesn't have the end result that I strive for and the result of my "forced creativity" almost never ever sells...


But such is not the case with the new work I have recently finished. I am excited about ALL of it! I have added 30 new designs to OriginalHardware.com, and when my son and I return from my trip to visit my mom on Aug. 16th, I will be adding them to my Etsy site as well. The funny thing is that this is just the beginning!

I still have 30 pieces that are finished and still have to be photographed and another 40 on the bench in various stages of completion.

I have been working my little fingers to the bone, using my passion not only to fuel new work and get a jumpstart on the busy fourth quarter, but also to keep my sanity during what has personally been a difficult time.
So here are a few of the new pieces I've added this week. Stay tuned for a deluge of new work just in time for the fall season, which I hope will be well received by my customers!

I truly appreciate each and every one of you for your support, encouragement and neverending comments and love! I so love what I do and I hope that with this new work, it shows....

No comments:

Post a Comment