Search This Blog

Original Hardware--Hip, Handcrafted Silver Jewelry Designs's Fan Box

Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year, a New Life....

"It takes a lot of courage to
release the familiar and seemingly
secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.

There is more security
in the adventurous and exciting,
for in movement there is life,
and in change there is power."
--Alan Cohen


What an incredible year. A year of challenge and tears; of toil and trauma; of beauty and joy; of true blessings and happiness.

I can honestly say when I look back on this last year, it has been one of the most transformative in my life--and the big changes that have been looming for months aren't even here yet!

I have learned a great deal about myself this past year.

I have learned that I am stronger than I think; more talented that I realized; and more blessed than I ever knew. I have learned who my true friends are, and aren't.

I have learned that I absolutely love what I do, and I am going to try my damnest to build a career and business out of it. I have learned that I am a gift from the universe, and I have so many gifts to give back to her!

On this New Year's Eve, I look to the future with promise and anticipation, even if it's a bit scary to look out past the horizon and not know what's there.

In my mind's eye, I see-- way out in the distance-- a soothing creek migrating its way out of the lush foothills that will comfort me when I am tired and a soft spot to put my feet when I need to stop and take a breath. I see my friends and family waiting for me, like loyal soldiers ready to accompany me on a weary journey. I see my little boy smiling a mile wide, waiting for me to play hide and seek with him amidst the trees in the thick, green forest.

I am ready, future. I am ready for your steady hand.
I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment