Search This Blog

Original Hardware--Hip, Handcrafted Silver Jewelry Designs's Fan Box

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pop the Champagne!



"The biggest chance you take is not taking a chance at all...."
--Anonymous


Today I heard from the catalog that I submitted designs to a few weeks ago and it was great news! Two of the 8 designs that I submitted have been accepted for their Spring 2010 catalog!

I am so excited about what this might bring to my business in 2010, and the doors that have opened as a result. The lesson here is not that it couldn't be done; the lesson is that a year ago, I would have resisted doing it for fear that they would never get accepted in the first place.

This self-sabotage kills opportunities! So I say to others who have thought twice about taking a chance, DO IT. What have you got to lose?

I don't know any of the details just yet, and have been asked to keep things quiet until I have contracts in hand, etc. All I know is that my order will come in sometime in October and I won't have to deliver until January. That helps me plan to get ready in advance for all of the things that happen in the last quarter so I am moving into 2010 on all cylinders.

This has given me the confidence to seek out other opportunities that even some of my best customers have urged me to pursue. I am here. I am alive. I am present. And I am willing to take a chance on the things that scare me because they are worth it in the end.....

I want to immediately jump in and get started, but today I am savoring this milestone. It is 90 degrees outside and I have cracked open a beer. And heck, I might even have two!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so wonderful Carrie! I will toast my drink I just made, to you! Awesome job!! :) Juli~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Juli! You are awesome to comment and raise a toast. I am excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you Carrie! Good for you!!!
    Janell

    ReplyDelete